Thursday, November 20, 2008

Music People

We are music people. There are some people who are animal people, or out-doorsy people; the Davis family are music people! Just call us the Von Trapps, except we don't sing; we rock out! And when I say "we" I mean the boys of the family. I can bop my head with the best of 'em, but the boys really like to get into the music: air guitar, air drums, raising of the rock fists - you know, good ol' rockin' out!

Wednesday nights are when TJ plays at the student services Adrenaline & Elevate. I like to take the boys up to church when I can so that they can see their dad in action, and they usually rock out by dancing in the back of the room. Last night was no exception, Tre & Colin were bopping their heads (Tre) and playing air drums (Colin), thoroughly enjoying the music. It was the first time Colin was really, really into it - he kept walking around the room, stopping randomly to play the air drums, and then kept walking trying to get as close to the stage as possible. And Tre seemed to absorb the music just sitting in the back and taking it all in. It also helped that TJ played Tre's favorite song, Remedy!

It was good going up and seeing the boys rock out: it reminded me of how much we are music people, and that when we get back into town I need to continue to take them up to church, no matter how pregnant I am!! We'll be out of town for the holidays, going to Florida for Thanksgiving until New Years. It'll be easier to just stay in Orlando instead of driving back & forth twice within a month; we're treating it like a winter break for me and the boys! So updates will come soon from the Sunshine State. Until then... rock out!
- Jo

No comments: