Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today

Today was an interesting day. Tre woke up with a fever, so both boys stayed home from school. After a trip to the Dr. office it was determined that Tre only has a cold (thank goodness) and was running around fine after some Tylenol. Colin can now climb out of his crib, so we changed it into a daybed... so far so good! But the real reason I wanted to blog today was because of what Tre said.

As we were cleaning up for bedtime Tre said, "I never want to sleep again. I just want to stay up and watch TV." I explained to him that we all need to sleep, just like we need time to play, time to relax, time to have fun, etc. Then I told him that sleep was good for his body, just like food. "Imagine if you never ate again," I said. "That wouldn't be good. You need sleep just like you need food. It's good for your body, good for your mind..." and then Tre said, "and good for my soul?" Uh... what an awesome thing to say!! "Yeah buddy... and good for your soul," was all I could think to say. He's such an amazing kid! We had a pretty good day after all!

-Jo

No comments: