Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmastime!

Christmas-time is seriously one of my most favorite time of the year!! I love the music, getting the tree, decorating the house, and getting gifts for my loved ones!! Love it! What I've found in the past couple of years, is that my kids love it too!!

We got our tree two days after Thanksgiving and set it up in our TV room. I decorated while the kids were sleeping so as not to have any "special helpers"! The boys love the tree... a little too much! I keep saying "away from the tree," "don't touch the tree," and "step away from the ornament!" I think next year we'll wait a little bit longer before getting our tree so that they won't be so tempted!!

The Christmas decorations are around the TV room as well. We have the stockings by the fireplace, and a couple of Santa Claus' around the room. When Colin sees the Santa Claus he points to it and says "Jesus!!" I'm not sure why he thinks Jesus looks like Santa Claus, but it's really cute & funny to hear him say it!!

Christmas time also brings the parties & special events! This week we went to Tre's Christmas Parent's Program at his school. He did so well singing all the Christmas songs nice and loud! And he looked so cute in the front row with his hands in his pockets and his mohawk! Next week we have TJ's staff Christmas party (the whole family is invited and we'll get to play games and stuff!) and we have some extra parties for the student ministry. Then the big day!! Can't wait! Now I just have to finish my shopping and wrap everything!! Yippee!!

- Jo

No comments: