Friday, January 27, 2012

Naps...

Oh the joy of naps! How I love taking them!! How I love it when my kids take them!! And how annoying it is when they fight to take them...

What's the deal? Naps are a part of their life from day one. They go from sleeping all the time as newborns, to two good naps during the day, then they move to one nap a day. Just an hour or so in the middle of the day to refresh. They feel so much better afterwards; they behave so much nicer afterwards. Naps are great!

So why do they start fighting naps around age three and four? One day Emma won't nap, the next Colin won't nap; I seriously think it's a conspiracy some day. Emma naps more than Colin, she's better at laying down and resting.

Colin naps maybe two times a week. Most days he doesn't really need a nap, just a quiet time can do him wonders. But other days (when he's throwing a tantrum even after I've said "yes" to something) he needs a nap. I need him to take a nap! And most days he does great; today is not one of those days. He fought. So no nap. Hopefully bedtime will come soon enough and we'll both get the rest that we need!!

No comments: