Sunday, May 31, 2009

Note to TJ (1)

This blog is for TJ since he's out of the country (he's in the Dominican Republic on a mission trip), just to keep him updated on our crazy kids. It may be a little too much information for everybody else (you may not want to know how crazy our kids really are)... but you're more than welcome to read on! (If it is TMI, just check back in next week!)

The boys really miss you! Colin asks about three times a day, "Daddy?" to which Tre will remind him that you're at a DR meeting helping people build houses and VBS (the way he says it!) We had a good morning on Saturday, the girl was up at 4am but I managed to hold off on her bottle until 4:45, but I didn't get back to bed until 5:30 so that was pretty sucky. I'm not sure what time Tre got up, but when you called at 7:30 he brought me my phone from the TV room, which ended up waking up Colin, so by then we were all up. They helped me get ready for you Mom's arrival, and we even managed to get some Wii time in before lunch! After nap time we were outside, my goal was to get them super tired... it worked! We did slip 'n' slide, bubbles, and that sidewalk paint I told you about. It was pretty awesome! After dinner & bath they were in bed by 7:30 and we didn't hear a peep from them!!

Overnight wasn't too bad, but it wasn't all that great either. I had to give Emma her baba around 11-something; Tre was up for water around midnight (which somehow woke Colin up too, but after I gave him back his baba he was good); but the weirdest one was Magoo! I rolled over around 2-ish and saw Magoo staring at me from my side of the bed. He had stepped up on the rail and was breathing on me. It totally freaked me out! I pushed him down and tried to get back to sleep but then I was worried he really needed water or to go out (since he was a punk and didn't go out before bed) so I got up and tried to figure out what he wanted. I honestly think he wanted to play cause he was high-stepping and wiggling his nub at me when I tried to put him outside. I know you have to deal with kids in your over-night shift, I never realized you had to deal with the dog too!!!

Church was good, Colin went into his room without crying! And the nursery peeps actually fed Emma her bottle on time! And when we got home from church, Emma was still in her car-seat while we were eating lunch, and she soothed herself to sleep by sucking on her fingers (middle & ring fingers) cause we left her baba at church (argh!).... so who knows, the girl just might not need her baba and we'll have to deal with weaning her off of fingers instead of a pacifier?!

This afternoon we'll probably do more slip 'n' slide and outside time. But I gotta go now and feed the girl her bottle. Love you!!

- Jo

No comments: